The interference or electronic “noise” generated by alternators, ignition systems, motors, etc., can render a vehicle’s radio, data receivers or other electronic equipment virtually useless. This interference takes the form of popping or static on radios or audio gear and garbled images or “hash” on video displays.
These specialized filters can be used singly or in combination to attenuate conducted line noise, either at the affected equipment or at the noise source. The “PC” models feature inductor and capacitor circuit that filters both the “+” and “–” leads. The “IF” model utilizes an inductor and filters the “+” lead only.
|Download a DC Noise Filter PDF Data Sheet|
- Heavy duty aluminum construction
- Operate on 6-48 VDC systems
- Integral mounting flanges for secure installation, except model IF-16 which is secured in place by tie-wrap
- Nickel-plated brass stud connectors on alternator filters accommodate high current cables and terminals
- Color coded wire leads on all other models make in-line installation easy
150A Alternator filter, 150 amps
PC-10 Affected equipment filter, 10 amps
PC-25 Affected equipment filter, 25 amps